EPS Foam Recycling Machine Manufacturer In China
Expanded polystyrene (EPS) is relied upon to provide superior performance in various foam product applications. Foam is being used in thousands of different ways by individuals and businesses around the world, EPS is serving an important role in our everyday lives. Whether used as protective packaging for fragile items during shipment, as custom insulation in building applications or even as a bicycle helmet.
- EPS meets five of the criteria for sustainable packaging based on the Sustainable Packaging Coalition’s definitions.
- The 2010 EPS Recycling Rate Report shows that over 71 million pounds of EPS were recycled, including 37.1 million pounds of post-consumer packaging and 34.2 million pounds of post-industrial packaging.
- In 2010, more than 50% of all EPS collected for recycling was used to make recycled-content packaging.
- EPS is made of 98% air and is an inert material without harmful chemicals that off-gas or leach during its use of disposal.
- EPS represents less than 1% of the total municipal solid waste stream by weight and volume.
Available in a variety of custom-molded shapes, EPS containers are water resistant and hygienic with high thermal-insulating properties. Which is what makes it a common choice for shipping food throughout the world.